Thursday, March 23, 2006

Fantasy Baseball time......


I love fantasy baseball.....ive loved things like this since I was very young, and someone gave me an old Strat-O-Matic baseball game to play with....I was hooked. Problem is, Im horrible at it. For some reason, I always draft the most injury-prone team, or a team full of guys fresh off a huge contract and hit .240-15-65 when last year they were twice that. Anyway, a few nights ago was draft #1 of 2....this is the main ESPN team I have been doing for years, with all the same people. If only i could write off some of these losses on my tax returns......
Anyway, here's my team (10 teamer, 5x5 mixed league)

C-Kenji Johjima (late-round, having a good spring)
1B-Richie Sexson (either a hig season, or .230, full of injuries)
2B-Jorge Cantu (loaded with talent, huge last year...)
SS-Julio Lugo (needed speed, had solid numbers from SS last year)
3B-Chone Figgins (lots of speed, solid last few seasons, has 2b, Of eligibility)
OF-Vladimir Guerrero (please stay healthy)
OF-Carlos Lee (monster last 2 years...)
OF-Garret Anderson (Uggh....fading fast)
OF-Jeff Francouer (could be good, could hit the wall)
OF-Austin Kearns (Uggh...at least he's full-time now)
MI-Mark Loretta (I like this pick, VERY late....new team, good lineup)
CI-Melvin Mora (I could have done a lot worse...hope for .300-25-85)
Util-Prince Fielder (took a shot)
Bench-Ryan Zimmerman (another rookie, see what he can do)

SP-Pedro Martinez (stay healthy, please)
SP-Josh Beckett (see above)
SP-Scott Kazmir (loads of potential, will he deliver? Ill get K's, at least)
SP-Kelvim Escobar (not a bad 4th)
SP-Matt Cain (rookie phenom from SF....people compare him to Felix Hernandez)
RP-BJ Ryan (not bad)
RP-Franciso Cordero (been steady....)
RP-Mike Gonzalez (see if he closes)
RP-Chad Orvella (will they trade Baez?)
RP-Jose Valverde (good arm)
RP-Joe Borowski (who knows.....still around)

Tell me what you think.....I like my middle infield, but bottom line is that this is a spec team. IF players play like they can, i'll do well...However players like Lugo, Cain, Cantu, Anderson, etc. could kill my team....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home